Donate to Help a Child
Stone Soup receives no government funding but is self-supporting from parent fees, grants from foundations, businesses and generous donations from individuals who care about the children.
Stone Soup’s priority needs for funding are:
- Tuition assistance for those who can not afford to pay the full fee, for homeless children, foster children, or others who are victims of abuse, addiction or violence in the home or whose parent is incarcerated.
- Program enrichment to hire guest artists to teach children dance, music, drama, art, yoga, science, chess, nutrition, fitness and more.
- Educational field trips and special events on and off campus.
- Educational games, arts and crafts supplies, sports equipment, storage cabinets, manipulatives, computers and books.
- Staff training to continue to provide quality child care to all children including the 18% of Stone Soup children who have special needs.
- Specialized staff to work with some children with special needs.
Stone Soup has kept administration costs between 5% – 6% for 28 years, so nearly 95% of all funds are used for direct services for children.
Since no tax dollars go to Stone Soup, donors to Stone Soup do not contribute twice as with most programs. Please consider helping our children with a gift of:
|$500||- provides bus transportation for 120 children to a science center, museum or other educational facility/|
|$1,000||- provides partial tuition assistance for 3 children for one full year.|
|$3,000||- provides full tuition for after school care for a family for one full school year.|
|$5,000||- offers 50 children the unique experience of learning from a guest artist for one semester.|
|$10,000||- can provide tuition assistance for up to 20 children for one year or help compensate two special aides for special needs children.|
Friends of Stone Soup have generously provided for tens of thousands of children over the years which often times was the turning point for their lives knowing that someone cared about them.